As 2008 comes to a close, many are starting to consider possible New Year’s resolutions. In Stat Quo‘s case, the emcee has resolved that in 2009 he’ll bring his listeners all of the material he was unable to release on Shady/Aftermath – a path that will hopefully bring him to his destination of Statlanta. On a new mixtape record, Stat reminisces about his time In Cali. Over a beat by Aftermath in-house producer Focus, the ATLien comes to the conclusion that while he’s proud to be independent, he doesn’t consider his past a total loss – the West Coast memories he gained make it all worthwhile. Now, however, Stat’s got his mind on the future, and he’s planning to kick off 2009 with the release of his QuoCity mixtape. Stay tuned to the Booth for further updates on Stat Quo’s movements as a newly independent MC.
Written by Burmy on 12/21/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.