As 2008 comes to a close, many are starting to consider possible New Year’s resolutions. In Stat Quo‘s case, the emcee has resolved that in 2009 he’ll bring his listeners all of the material he was unable to release on Shady/Aftermath – a path that will hopefully bring him to his destination of Statlanta. On a new mixtape record, Stat reminisces about his time In Cali. Over a beat by Aftermath in-house producer Focus, the ATLien comes to the conclusion that while he’s proud to be independent, he doesn’t consider his past a total loss – the West Coast memories he gained make it all worthwhile. Now, however, Stat’s got his mind on the future, and he’s planning to kick off 2009 with the release of his QuoCity mixtape. Stay tuned to the Booth for further updates on Stat Quo’s movements as a newly independent MC.
Written by Burmy on 12/21/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.