As 2008 comes to a close, many are starting to consider possible New Year’s resolutions. In Stat Quo‘s case, the emcee has resolved that in 2009 he’ll bring his listeners all of the material he was unable to release on Shady/Aftermath – a path that will hopefully bring him to his destination of Statlanta. On a new mixtape record, Stat reminisces about his time In Cali. Over a beat by Aftermath in-house producer Focus, the ATLien comes to the conclusion that while he’s proud to be independent, he doesn’t consider his past a total loss – the West Coast memories he gained make it all worthwhile. Now, however, Stat’s got his mind on the future, and he’s planning to kick off 2009 with the release of his QuoCity mixtape. Stay tuned to the Booth for further updates on Stat Quo’s movements as a newly independent MC.
Written by Burmy on 12/21/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.