In his first full year free from Shady/Aftermath, Stat Quo is ready to go full-force and pave the way for his long-awaited arrival in Statlanta (scheduled for release sometime in ‘09). Stat’s first street release of the new year is the upcoming Checks & Balances mixtape, which features a newly-released record recorded amidst the hype of Obama’s inauguration. Inspired by Jay-Z‘s performance at the Inaugural Ball, Stat discusses his plans to take his Immortal Hustle to new heights over a guitar/flute beat by Illtone. The resulting record should motivate everyone on their grind, from those in the streets to those working 9-to-5 jobs; if you put your best foot forward, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/09
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.