In his first full year free from Shady/Aftermath, Stat Quo is ready to go full-force and pave the way for his long-awaited arrival in Statlanta (scheduled for release sometime in ‘09). Stat’s first street release of the new year is the upcoming Checks & Balances mixtape, which features a newly-released record recorded amidst the hype of Obama’s inauguration. Inspired by Jay-Z‘s performance at the Inaugural Ball, Stat discusses his plans to take his Immortal Hustle to new heights over a guitar/flute beat by Illtone. The resulting record should motivate everyone on their grind, from those in the streets to those working 9-to-5 jobs; if you put your best foot forward, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/09
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.