In his first full year free from Shady/Aftermath, Stat Quo is ready to go full-force and pave the way for his long-awaited arrival in Statlanta (scheduled for release sometime in ‘09). Stat’s first street release of the new year is the upcoming Checks & Balances mixtape, which features a newly-released record recorded amidst the hype of Obama’s inauguration. Inspired by Jay-Z‘s performance at the Inaugural Ball, Stat discusses his plans to take his Immortal Hustle to new heights over a guitar/flute beat by Illtone. The resulting record should motivate everyone on their grind, from those in the streets to those working 9-to-5 jobs; if you put your best foot forward, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/09
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.