In his first full year free from Shady/Aftermath, Stat Quo is ready to go full-force and pave the way for his long-awaited arrival in Statlanta (scheduled for release sometime in ‘09). Stat’s first street release of the new year is the upcoming Checks & Balances mixtape, which features a newly-released record recorded amidst the hype of Obama’s inauguration. Inspired by Jay-Z‘s performance at the Inaugural Ball, Stat discusses his plans to take his Immortal Hustle to new heights over a guitar/flute beat by Illtone. The resulting record should motivate everyone on their grind, from those in the streets to those working 9-to-5 jobs; if you put your best foot forward, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/09
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.