The last time that Shady Records and Aftermath Entertainment co-signed an artist was 50 Cent; a move that turned out to be quite the successful joint venture. The second inking is courtesy of Atlanta native, Stat Quo. Signed almost four years ago Stat Quo has patiently waited for a chance to put out his debut album, Statlanta. Come the end of this summer however, without any unforeseen delays popping up, and he will finally get rewarded for his patience. The lead single Here We Go, produced by Dr. Dre, is a catchy west-coast sounding production that allows Stat Quo’s southern drawl to blend seamlessly into the beat.
Written by DJ Z on 05/17/07
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.