Thanks to his departure from a rather Shady label situation, Stat Quo has already begun to reap the benefits of the Aftermath. Featured inside the Booth just seven times from January of ‘06 through July of ‘08, the Atlanta emcee never had the opportunity to truly work a record to the public. Since ripping up his major label contract and taking with him a gigantic catalog of music, however, he has been able to earn five new Booth features in roughly three months. Adding another to this rapidly-growing tally, Stat has created the emotional Washed Away, which describes the way our world is seemingly drowning in its own tears. Set for inclusion on his Thanksgiving-day mixtape release, The Bailout, Washed Away showcases a matured emcee who has always had plenty to say, but who, until recently, didn’t have the freedom to say it.
Written by DJ Z on 11/9/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)