Thanks to his departure from a rather Shady label situation, Stat Quo has already begun to reap the benefits of the Aftermath. Featured inside the Booth just seven times from January of ‘06 through July of ‘08, the Atlanta emcee never had the opportunity to truly work a record to the public. Since ripping up his major label contract and taking with him a gigantic catalog of music, however, he has been able to earn five new Booth features in roughly three months. Adding another to this rapidly-growing tally, Stat has created the emotional Washed Away, which describes the way our world is seemingly drowning in its own tears. Set for inclusion on his Thanksgiving-day mixtape release, The Bailout, Washed Away showcases a matured emcee who has always had plenty to say, but who, until recently, didn’t have the freedom to say it.
Written by DJ Z on 11/9/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.