Two weeks ago, DJBooth featured Stat Quo’s Dear Summer (Pt. 1); ladies and gentlemen, Part 2 has arrived. Continuing his career story where he last left off, Stat reveals that he has penned several records for Dr. Dre’s forever-delayed Detox album, Dre lied to him about working records that he produced, Eminem stopped working his project over an A&R meeting miscommunication, Obie Trice’s departure from Shady Records was both shocking and upsetting, and for over a year now he has attempted (with the help of lawyers) to get out of his current record deal. We know; whew! Accompanying Stat’s revelations is the Knoxville-produced beat from Jim Jones‘s Summer Wit Miami, which samples the Isley Brothers record, Between The Sheets.
Listen to More: Stat Quo Written by DJ Z
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!