Two weeks ago, DJBooth featured Stat Quo’s Dear Summer (Pt. 1); ladies and gentlemen, Part 2 has arrived. Continuing his career story where he last left off, Stat reveals that he has penned several records for Dr. Dre’s forever-delayed Detox album, Dre lied to him about working records that he produced, Eminem stopped working his project over an A&R meeting miscommunication, Obie Trice’s departure from Shady Records was both shocking and upsetting, and for over a year now he has attempted (with the help of lawyers) to get out of his current record deal. We know; whew! Accompanying Stat’s revelations is the Knoxville-produced beat from Jim Jones‘s Summer Wit Miami, which samples the Isley Brothers record, Between The Sheets.
Listen to More: Stat Quo
Written by DJ Z on 09/7/08
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)