Two weeks ago, DJBooth featured Stat Quo’s Dear Summer (Pt. 1); ladies and gentlemen, Part 2 has arrived. Continuing his career story where he last left off, Stat reveals that he has penned several records for Dr. Dre’s forever-delayed Detox album, Dre lied to him about working records that he produced, Eminem stopped working his project over an A&R meeting miscommunication, Obie Trice’s departure from Shady Records was both shocking and upsetting, and for over a year now he has attempted (with the help of lawyers) to get out of his current record deal. We know; whew! Accompanying Stat’s revelations is the Knoxville-produced beat from Jim Jones‘s Summer Wit Miami, which samples the Isley Brothers record, Between The Sheets.
Listen to More: Stat Quo Written by DJ Z
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.