Two weeks ago, DJBooth featured Stat Quo’s Dear Summer (Pt. 1); ladies and gentlemen, Part 2 has arrived. Continuing his career story where he last left off, Stat reveals that he has penned several records for Dr. Dre’s forever-delayed Detox album, Dre lied to him about working records that he produced, Eminem stopped working his project over an A&R meeting miscommunication, Obie Trice’s departure from Shady Records was both shocking and upsetting, and for over a year now he has attempted (with the help of lawyers) to get out of his current record deal. We know; whew! Accompanying Stat’s revelations is the Knoxville-produced beat from Jim Jones‘s Summer Wit Miami, which samples the Isley Brothers record, Between The Sheets.
Written by DJ Z on 09/7/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.