After an up-and-coming emcee is released from his or her problematic major label situation, the first thing they usually do is release a boatload of new music to the Web (see Joe Budden or Currency as examples). Listeners who are already familiar with this tactic completely understand Stat Quo‘s situation; free from Shady/Aftermath rule, the lifelong ATLien recently dropped The South Got Somethin’ To Say mixtape, and is preparing to follow it up with The Bailout, due out on November 22. On his latest mixtape feature, Stat focuses on the very reason why he considers himself an emcee, why he was so frustrated with label politics, and how he plans to take his career to Another Level. Over a country-style beat from producer Sicknotes, the record sets Stat up to ramp up his output, blessing Booth members with plenty of new music. According to his manager, that’s exactly what he has in mind for the New Year; on behalf of all quality music-lovers, I eagerly look forward to it.
Listen to More: Stat Quo
Written by Burmy on 11/16/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.