After an up-and-coming emcee is released from his or her problematic major label situation, the first thing they usually do is release a boatload of new music to the Web (see Joe Budden or Currency as examples). Listeners who are already familiar with this tactic completely understand Stat Quo‘s situation; free from Shady/Aftermath rule, the lifelong ATLien recently dropped The South Got Somethin’ To Say mixtape, and is preparing to follow it up with The Bailout, due out on November 22. On his latest mixtape feature, Stat focuses on the very reason why he considers himself an emcee, why he was so frustrated with label politics, and how he plans to take his career to Another Level. Over a country-style beat from producer Sicknotes, the record sets Stat up to ramp up his output, blessing Booth members with plenty of new music. According to his manager, that’s exactly what he has in mind for the New Year; on behalf of all quality music-lovers, I eagerly look forward to it.
Listen to More: Stat Quo
Written by Burmy on 11/16/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.