After an up-and-coming emcee is released from his or her problematic major label situation, the first thing they usually do is release a boatload of new music to the Web (see Joe Budden or Currency as examples). Listeners who are already familiar with this tactic completely understand Stat Quo‘s situation; free from Shady/Aftermath rule, the lifelong ATLien recently dropped The South Got Somethin’ To Say mixtape, and is preparing to follow it up with The Bailout, due out on November 22. On his latest mixtape feature, Stat focuses on the very reason why he considers himself an emcee, why he was so frustrated with label politics, and how he plans to take his career to Another Level. Over a country-style beat from producer Sicknotes, the record sets Stat up to ramp up his output, blessing Booth members with plenty of new music. According to his manager, that’s exactly what he has in mind for the New Year; on behalf of all quality music-lovers, I eagerly look forward to it.
Listen to More: Stat Quo
Written by Burmy on 11/16/08
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)