After an up-and-coming emcee is released from his or her problematic major label situation, the first thing they usually do is release a boatload of new music to the Web (see Joe Budden or Currency as examples). Listeners who are already familiar with this tactic completely understand Stat Quo‘s situation; free from Shady/Aftermath rule, the lifelong ATLien recently dropped The South Got Somethin’ To Say mixtape, and is preparing to follow it up with The Bailout, due out on November 22. On his latest mixtape feature, Stat focuses on the very reason why he considers himself an emcee, why he was so frustrated with label politics, and how he plans to take his career to Another Level. Over a country-style beat from producer Sicknotes, the record sets Stat up to ramp up his output, blessing Booth members with plenty of new music. According to his manager, that’s exactly what he has in mind for the New Year; on behalf of all quality music-lovers, I eagerly look forward to it.
Written by Burmy on 11/16/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.