I have to admit that I was tempted to start this with a “Where’s Hutch?” joke, but, with nearly a decade of underground experience under his belt, I’m going to assume Starsky‘s heard that one a couple hundred times—not to mention, the Jersey native’s first Booth feature proves that he’s perfectly able to blaze a track solo. Going Back to the Block over a high-energy, electric guitar-driven instrumental by The Heatmakers, the emcee makes a compelling lyrical case for his hustle, his passion for hip-hop, and his artistic integrity, as well as letting all the wannabes know that their days are numbered. If this self-proclaimed “King of New Jersey” is half as hard-working and driven as he comes off here, there’s no doubt we’ll be seeing much more of him in the Booth. BTTB can be found on the emcee’s The Crown Is Fit For Me LP, set to drop December 14th.
Written by richard on 04/13/09
Submit your Rating
Bottom Music Inc.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.