In anticipation of the release of their DJ On Point-hosted Boxes for Sale mixtape, Rhode Island duo Starrs & Murph have released a brand new record entitled Loaded Gun. Referring to lyrical rather than literal ammunition, the new cut follows in the footsteps of the recently-featured Marry You, which found the duo skewering common male insecurities over a Jackson 5-sampling beat by Araab. Loaded Gun finds Araab once again holding the production reins, and it shows; the sample that provides the song’s title and hook (which I was sadly unable to identify) sounds straight out a ‘70s lite-rock record, and the result is an infectiously retro groove that provides the perfect musical backdrop as both emcees pack their verses with wordplay and pop culture references. Those who like what they hear should stay tuned to the Booth, as Starrs & Murph plan to bring listeners three more Boxes for Sale tracks in the three weeks leading up to the mixtape’s release.
Written by richard on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
Loose Change Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.