Rhode Island indie duo Starrs & Murph‘s new mixtape single may be titled Marry You, but the record is less a romantic cut for the ladies than a pointed, semi-humorous look at the average man’s conflicted relationship with commitment. Murph’s opening verse finds him playing the role of a man with no time for romantic attachment, boasting of his exceptional skills in the sack, while Starr discusses the anxieties that arise when infatuation gives way to thoughts of sealing the deal. Last but certainly not least, Naledge of Kidz in the Hall contributes a final verse on which he sifts through the rubble of a relationship gone sour, kicking himself over thinking that she could be the one. Araab‘s production, which centers around a sample of The Jackson 5’s One Day I’ll Marry You, does an admirable job of carrying the cut from carefree beginning to rueful end. If you like what you hear, keep an eye out for the duo’s forthcoming Boxes for Sale mixtape, coming soon.
Written by richard on 12/17/08
Loose Change Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.