Rhode Island indie duo Starrs & Murph‘s new mixtape single may be titled Marry You, but the record is less a romantic cut for the ladies than a pointed, semi-humorous look at the average man’s conflicted relationship with commitment. Murph’s opening verse finds him playing the role of a man with no time for romantic attachment, boasting of his exceptional skills in the sack, while Starr discusses the anxieties that arise when infatuation gives way to thoughts of sealing the deal. Last but certainly not least, Naledge of Kidz in the Hall contributes a final verse on which he sifts through the rubble of a relationship gone sour, kicking himself over thinking that she could be the one. Araab‘s production, which centers around a sample of The Jackson 5’s One Day I’ll Marry You, does an admirable job of carrying the cut from carefree beginning to rueful end. If you like what you hear, keep an eye out for the duo’s forthcoming Boxes for Sale mixtape, coming soon.
Loose Change Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.