It’s been more than a year since Starrs & Murph stepped into the Booth with exclusive freestyle #23, but their skills have only grown more formidable during their absence from our pages – in fact, if you intend to oppose the Rhode Island duo, you may as well start shopping for a Coffin now. On this new track (a remix of a cut originally featured on Maja 7th‘s The Breakout mixtape), the duo make clear that they’re back in a big way, talking up their mic-rocking abilities and taking aim at the no-talent rappers whose careers they’d love to see six feet under. Joining the headliners over Maja’s synth-scorching production, Boston vet and lyrical powerhouse REKS handles guest duties, free-associating his way through 16 intricately-rhymed bars’ worth of dizzying braggadocio. So, Booth readers, did Starrs & Murph kill this one? If you think so, you can find more on AllHipHop/Sneaker Junkies/DJBooth.net-presented The Lost Package mixtape, when it arrives on our doorstep – that is, our front page – June 1.
Written by richard on 05/4/10
Submit your Rating
Loose Change Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.