It’s been more than a year since Starrs & Murph stepped into the Booth with exclusive freestyle #23, but their skills have only grown more formidable during their absence from our pages – in fact, if you intend to oppose the Rhode Island duo, you may as well start shopping for a Coffin now. On this new track (a remix of a cut originally featured on Maja 7th‘s The Breakout mixtape), the duo make clear that they’re back in a big way, talking up their mic-rocking abilities and taking aim at the no-talent rappers whose careers they’d love to see six feet under. Joining the headliners over Maja’s synth-scorching production, Boston vet and lyrical powerhouse REKS handles guest duties, free-associating his way through 16 intricately-rhymed bars’ worth of dizzying braggadocio. So, Booth readers, did Starrs & Murph kill this one? If you think so, you can find more on AllHipHop/Sneaker Junkies/DJBooth.net-presented The Lost Package mixtape, when it arrives on our doorstep – that is, our front page – June 1.
Written by richard on 05/4/10
Submit your Rating
Loose Change Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.