UK producer (and Booth newcomer) Star One may be flying under the radar at the moment, but once the industry gets wind of his ability to create bangers, he will be a Wanted Man. Even without words, Star makes a statement on his new single, announcing his arrival with a aggressive electronic beat driven by layered drums and samples. Aynzli Jones anchors the song with his unique, Island-inspired vocals, while rounding out the guest lineup is Ghetts, who lends his slicing, rapid-fire flow to the record’s final verse. This joint isn’t attached to anything larger but, if Wanted Man leaves you wanting more, you can keep it locked for all the latest from Star One and his formidable cast of connects.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.