So…I had the opportunity to travel down to Atlanta this past summer to check out a damn-near Macy’s Day Parade of up-and-coming artists at the Apache Café (including little-known talents such as Playboy Tre, B.o.B, and Yelawolf. You might have heard of them). Among this smorgasbord of great emcees was Stanza, and from the second he hit the stage, he made sure that everyone knew his name (and his capabilities) by the time he had exited. Further proving his musical capacity, the Atlanta Entertainer has given the Booth another track to talk about with his new street single D.U.I. With an addictive beat (via Big Rus) that’s two parts schizophrenia and three parts unique, the track sounds as drunkenly fun as the night being relived. Stanza manages to make his bars equally distinguishable, bouncing between vocal highs and lows throughout the course of his flow, letting everyone know that “a car, some clothes, some liquor, and money” is all he needs for a good time on a Saturday night. D.U.I. is not currently part of a set project, but keep it locked in to the Booth for more from Stanza and friends.
Written by Sigurd on 11/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"ATL (A Town Love)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.