So…I had the opportunity to travel down to Atlanta this past summer to check out a damn-near Macy’s Day Parade of up-and-coming artists at the Apache Café (including little-known talents such as Playboy Tre, B.o.B, and Yelawolf. You might have heard of them). Among this smorgasbord of great emcees was Stanza, and from the second he hit the stage, he made sure that everyone knew his name (and his capabilities) by the time he had exited. Further proving his musical capacity, the Atlanta Entertainer has given the Booth another track to talk about with his new street single D.U.I. With an addictive beat (via Big Rus) that’s two parts schizophrenia and three parts unique, the track sounds as drunkenly fun as the night being relived. Stanza manages to make his bars equally distinguishable, bouncing between vocal highs and lows throughout the course of his flow, letting everyone know that “a car, some clothes, some liquor, and money” is all he needs for a good time on a Saturday night. D.U.I. is not currently part of a set project, but keep it locked in to the Booth for more from Stanza and friends.
Written by Sigurd on 11/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"ATL (A Town Love)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.