With the last drumstick eaten and the final sweet potato consumed, it’s time to turn our attention to that most magical, and expensive, of holidays. And what better way to kick off the yuletide season (I don’t know what “yuletide” means either) than with Freestyle Alum and Searching for Bobby Fischer creator, Stanza? While Big Rus provides an appropriately jingling but not at all corny backdrop, Stanza takes a moment to open a window on the reality of the holidays for most folks on his new offering Stanza’s Christmas List. In addition to longings for Ninja Turtles and Nintendo’s, the ATL emcee delves into the recessions inevitable effects on his celebrations in top storytelling form: “Mama said..Santa got laid off, and he can’t afford to check your full list off.” Sadly, that’s a sentiment too many of us can relate to. In addition to this new school Christmas carol from Stanza, those down for more dope merriment featuring the likes of B.o.B., Jackie Chain and others should be sure to check out the True Skool ATL Christmas EP, out now and available for free download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"ATL (A Town Love)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.