With the last drumstick eaten and the final sweet potato consumed, it’s time to turn our attention to that most magical, and expensive, of holidays. And what better way to kick off the yuletide season (I don’t know what “yuletide” means either) than with Freestyle Alum and Searching for Bobby Fischer creator, Stanza? While Big Rus provides an appropriately jingling but not at all corny backdrop, Stanza takes a moment to open a window on the reality of the holidays for most folks on his new offering Stanza’s Christmas List. In addition to longings for Ninja Turtles and Nintendo’s, the ATL emcee delves into the recessions inevitable effects on his celebrations in top storytelling form: “Mama said..Santa got laid off, and he can’t afford to check your full list off.” Sadly, that’s a sentiment too many of us can relate to. In addition to this new school Christmas carol from Stanza, those down for more dope merriment featuring the likes of B.o.B., Jackie Chain and others should be sure to check out the True Skool ATL Christmas EP, out now and available for free download.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"ATL (A Town Love)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.