Contrary to those whose only sources of music information are radio and music television, modern-day Atlanta hip-hop is not all crunk, trap, and snap music. Below the chart hits lies a thriving underground scene fueled by lyrically-focused emcees like Booth newcomer Stanza. On the newly-released ATL (A Town Love), the emcee takes the opportunity to show us around his hometown. If you can get past his vocal similarities to the wealthiest man in hip-hop, Stanza’s guided tour is sure to please; covering everything from the Buckhead neighborhood’s ESPN Zone and Hole in the Wall to memories of the ‘96 Olympics, he explains that, though he’s proud of his hometown’s climb to world-class status, he can’t help but miss the more “street” atmosphere that defined Atlanta’s past. Complete with an orchestral beat by DJ Teknology, ATL (A Town Love) has already picked up considerable positive feedback from industry heads; there’s no reason to think this acclaim can’t continue in the Booth.
Written by Burmy on 03/31/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chonky Fire (Outkast Dedication) ft. Jawz of Life & Stanza" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)