Contrary to those whose only sources of music information are radio and music television, modern-day Atlanta hip-hop is not all crunk, trap, and snap music. Below the chart hits lies a thriving underground scene fueled by lyrically-focused emcees like Booth newcomer Stanza. On the newly-released ATL (A Town Love), the emcee takes the opportunity to show us around his hometown. If you can get past his vocal similarities to the wealthiest man in hip-hop, Stanza’s guided tour is sure to please; covering everything from the Buckhead neighborhood’s ESPN Zone and Hole in the Wall to memories of the ‘96 Olympics, he explains that, though he’s proud of his hometown’s climb to world-class status, he can’t help but miss the more “street” atmosphere that defined Atlanta’s past. Complete with an orchestral beat by DJ Teknology, ATL (A Town Love) has already picked up considerable positive feedback from industry heads; there’s no reason to think this acclaim can’t continue in the Booth.
Written by Burmy on 03/31/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chonky Fire (Outkast Dedication) ft. Jawz of Life & Stanza" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.