There’s nothing quite like cruising in a fitted ride and catching eyes as you drive through. While the best I’ve been able to do was call shotgun in a friend’s vehicle (just as much fun, none of the noise violation tickets), Stalley shows us how it’s properly done on his new record Slapp. In his second Booth feature (see previous effort Monkey Ish), Stalley is fired up for 2011, this time slow rolling through the streets in style. Backed again by Rashad with an old school, heavy hitting production, the track’s beat fits nicely with the crooning accompaniment from the boardmaster himself (take note from Swizz, it’s not easy to produce and sound fresh on the same cut), while the headliner runs through bar after bar of automotively enhanced rhymes. With the visuals for the song dropping yesterday, Stalley seems to be taking the New Year by storm and not looking back, which is just fine by me. If you liked ghost riding to this, be sure to keep a look out for his Lincoln Way Nights (Intelligent Trunk Music), dropping February 8 via XXL.
Written by Sigurd on 01/27/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.