There’s nothing quite like cruising in a fitted ride and catching eyes as you drive through. While the best I’ve been able to do was call shotgun in a friend’s vehicle (just as much fun, none of the noise violation tickets), Stalley shows us how it’s properly done on his new record Slapp. In his second Booth feature (see previous effort Monkey Ish), Stalley is fired up for 2011, this time slow rolling through the streets in style. Backed again by Rashad with an old school, heavy hitting production, the track’s beat fits nicely with the crooning accompaniment from the boardmaster himself (take note from Swizz, it’s not easy to produce and sound fresh on the same cut), while the headliner runs through bar after bar of automotively enhanced rhymes. With the visuals for the song dropping yesterday, Stalley seems to be taking the New Year by storm and not looking back, which is just fine by me. If you liked ghost riding to this, be sure to keep a look out for his Lincoln Way Nights (Intelligent Trunk Music), dropping February 8 via XXL.
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.