There’s nothing quite like cruising in a fitted ride and catching eyes as you drive through. While the best I’ve been able to do was call shotgun in a friend’s vehicle (just as much fun, none of the noise violation tickets), Stalley shows us how it’s properly done on his new record Slapp. In his second Booth feature (see previous effort Monkey Ish), Stalley is fired up for 2011, this time slow rolling through the streets in style. Backed again by Rashad with an old school, heavy hitting production, the track’s beat fits nicely with the crooning accompaniment from the boardmaster himself (take note from Swizz, it’s not easy to produce and sound fresh on the same cut), while the headliner runs through bar after bar of automotively enhanced rhymes. With the visuals for the song dropping yesterday, Stalley seems to be taking the New Year by storm and not looking back, which is just fine by me. If you liked ghost riding to this, be sure to keep a look out for his Lincoln Way Nights (Intelligent Trunk Music), dropping February 8 via XXL.
Written by Sigurd on 01/27/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.