There’s nothing quite like cruising in a fitted ride and catching eyes as you drive through. While the best I’ve been able to do was call shotgun in a friend’s vehicle (just as much fun, none of the noise violation tickets), Stalley shows us how it’s properly done on his new record Slapp. In his second Booth feature (see previous effort Monkey Ish), Stalley is fired up for 2011, this time slow rolling through the streets in style. Backed again by Rashad with an old school, heavy hitting production, the track’s beat fits nicely with the crooning accompaniment from the boardmaster himself (take note from Swizz, it’s not easy to produce and sound fresh on the same cut), while the headliner runs through bar after bar of automotively enhanced rhymes. With the visuals for the song dropping yesterday, Stalley seems to be taking the New Year by storm and not looking back, which is just fine by me. If you liked ghost riding to this, be sure to keep a look out for his Lincoln Way Nights (Intelligent Trunk Music), dropping February 8 via XXL.
Written by Sigurd on 01/27/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.