Lately, Ohio spitter Stalley‘s been suffering from a case of the Midwest Blues. What exactly does that ailment involve? Shockingly, it’s got nothing whatsoever to do with the horrible weather that’s recently been ravaging the central United States. Instead, it’s a subtler condition in which braggadocio intermingles with bittersweet memories and introspection. Over a Black Diamond beat driven by jazzy piano chords, the artist offers an up-close and personal account of his journey from the streets to budding rap stardom. On the front, he takes some time out to, “Sip yac for my n**gas that done passed away.” Director Jon J. cooks up some official visuals to match the record’s low-key, smoky vibe. Midwest Blues isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll be sure to keep you posted on Stalley’s plans for 2014. While you wait for further details, you can take a listen to the artist’s last feature, December’s reader-approved Raise Your Weapons.
Written by richard on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.