Lately, Ohio spitter Stalley‘s been suffering from a case of the Midwest Blues. What exactly does that ailment involve? Shockingly, it’s got nothing whatsoever to do with the horrible weather that’s recently been ravaging the central United States. Instead, it’s a subtler condition in which braggadocio intermingles with bittersweet memories and introspection. Over a Black Diamond beat driven by jazzy piano chords, the artist offers an up-close and personal account of his journey from the streets to budding rap stardom. On the front, he takes some time out to, “Sip yac for my n**gas that done passed away.” Director Jon J. cooks up some official visuals to match the record’s low-key, smoky vibe. Midwest Blues isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll be sure to keep you posted on Stalley’s plans for 2014. While you wait for further details, you can take a listen to the artist’s last feature, December’s reader-approved Raise Your Weapons.
Written by richard on 03/2/14
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.