When you’ve climbed as high as Stalley has in a relatively short period of time, you’re bound to experience a little vertigo. After all, as hookwoman Crystal Torres puts it on the Masillon, Ohio native’s latest mixtape single, “It’s a Long Way Down.” Which isn’t to say that he’s letting the lofty heights he’s attained get to him. Flowing over Soundtrakk‘s production, a unique mix of rock guitar, syncopated percussion and children’s choir backing vocals, Stalley exhibits the self-assurance of a man who’s carved out his fate through sheer tenacity and perseverance. Director BMike takes the political overtones of the artist’s bars and runs with them, incorporating imagery of Huey P. Newton and the Black Panther Party into his official visuals. This single and video were released to celebrate the announcement of Stalley’s all-Ohio No Place Like Home Tour, sponsored by local brands Eighty81 and Ilthy. For tour dates and further details, visit the artist’s official site. This record can be found on the Honest Cowboy mixtape, out online as of last August.
Written by richard on 03/21/14
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.