When you’ve climbed as high as Stalley has in a relatively short period of time, you’re bound to experience a little vertigo. After all, as hookwoman Crystal Torres puts it on the Masillon, Ohio native’s latest mixtape single, “It’s a Long Way Down.” Which isn’t to say that he’s letting the lofty heights he’s attained get to him. Flowing over Soundtrakk‘s production, a unique mix of rock guitar, syncopated percussion and children’s choir backing vocals, Stalley exhibits the self-assurance of a man who’s carved out his fate through sheer tenacity and perseverance. Director BMike takes the political overtones of the artist’s bars and runs with them, incorporating imagery of Huey P. Newton and the Black Panther Party into his official visuals. This single and video were released to celebrate the announcement of Stalley’s all-Ohio No Place Like Home Tour, sponsored by local brands Eighty81 and Ilthy. For tour dates and further details, visit the artist’s official site. This record can be found on the Honest Cowboy mixtape, out online as of last August.
Written by richard on 03/21/14
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.