I’m no expert on hip-hop etiquette, but I do know one thing: when you’re a rap buzzmaker and you’ve just been signed to a heavyweight artist’s label imprint, it’s proper protocol to celebrate the occasion by inviting your new boss to guest on a record. Freshly signed to Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Group (joining recent arrivals Wale, Pill and Meek Mill), Stalley does just that on his latest effort, a fresh remix of mixtape title cut Lincoln Way Nights. Stalley’s original bars, chronicling how he risked it all for a shot at the big-time, are retained from the original, as is Rashad Thomas’ lush, melodically understated sample work. Ricky Rozay proves a natural addition to the cut, reminding listeners just how lonely it is at the top in his bittersweet middle 16: “I roll my weed loose, communicate with very few / After all what’s the use? Overlooking the project view…” Well, I suppose Stalley can count himself lucky to be in Ross’ inner circle. What’s next for the Ohio native, now that he’s part of the Maybach team? Right now, it’s anyone’s guess – but, rest assured, we’ll keep you apprised of all the latest developments.
Written by richard on 04/21/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.