I’m no expert on hip-hop etiquette, but I do know one thing: when you’re a rap buzzmaker and you’ve just been signed to a heavyweight artist’s label imprint, it’s proper protocol to celebrate the occasion by inviting your new boss to guest on a record. Freshly signed to Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Group (joining recent arrivals Wale, Pill and Meek Mill), Stalley does just that on his latest effort, a fresh remix of mixtape title cut Lincoln Way Nights. Stalley’s original bars, chronicling how he risked it all for a shot at the big-time, are retained from the original, as is Rashad Thomas’ lush, melodically understated sample work. Ricky Rozay proves a natural addition to the cut, reminding listeners just how lonely it is at the top in his bittersweet middle 16: “I roll my weed loose, communicate with very few / After all what’s the use? Overlooking the project view…” Well, I suppose Stalley can count himself lucky to be in Ross’ inner circle. What’s next for the Ohio native, now that he’s part of the Maybach team? Right now, it’s anyone’s guess – but, rest assured, we’ll keep you apprised of all the latest developments.
Written by richard on 04/21/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.