I’m no expert on hip-hop etiquette, but I do know one thing: when you’re a rap buzzmaker and you’ve just been signed to a heavyweight artist’s label imprint, it’s proper protocol to celebrate the occasion by inviting your new boss to guest on a record. Freshly signed to Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Group (joining recent arrivals Wale, Pill and Meek Mill), Stalley does just that on his latest effort, a fresh remix of mixtape title cut Lincoln Way Nights. Stalley’s original bars, chronicling how he risked it all for a shot at the big-time, are retained from the original, as is Rashad Thomas’ lush, melodically understated sample work. Ricky Rozay proves a natural addition to the cut, reminding listeners just how lonely it is at the top in his bittersweet middle 16: “I roll my weed loose, communicate with very few / After all what’s the use? Overlooking the project view…” Well, I suppose Stalley can count himself lucky to be in Ross’ inner circle. What’s next for the Ohio native, now that he’s part of the Maybach team? Right now, it’s anyone’s guess – but, rest assured, we’ll keep you apprised of all the latest developments.
Written by richard on 04/21/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.