Now that Stalley is making late night Wing Stop runs alongside Rick Ross, or at least that’s what I picture being signed to Maybach Music is like, hip-hop heads who missed Stalley’s initial rise are hungry to find out more about the young man with the grown man beard who is only happy to oblige. As he prepares to re-release his breakthrough Lincoln Way Nights project the Ohio native has unveiled Jungle, a cut that was originally intended for Lincoln Way but didn’t make the final, um, cut. Production on the mellow burner comes courtesy of frequent beat collaborator Rashad, who also provides a hook that pays homage to Grandmaster Flash’s classic message. On the rap side of the equation Stalley delves into the bruising trap that is the trap, a topic that Philly street legend Freeway was born to speak on: “We are drug kingpins turned show promoters.” Both long time fans and new believers won over by Jungle should keep an eye out for the re-mastered and improved version of Lincoln Way Nights, due out on November 1.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/3/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.