Now that Stalley is making late night Wing Stop runs alongside Rick Ross, or at least that’s what I picture being signed to Maybach Music is like, hip-hop heads who missed Stalley’s initial rise are hungry to find out more about the young man with the grown man beard who is only happy to oblige. As he prepares to re-release his breakthrough Lincoln Way Nights project the Ohio native has unveiled Jungle, a cut that was originally intended for Lincoln Way but didn’t make the final, um, cut. Production on the mellow burner comes courtesy of frequent beat collaborator Rashad, who also provides a hook that pays homage to Grandmaster Flash’s classic message. On the rap side of the equation Stalley delves into the bruising trap that is the trap, a topic that Philly street legend Freeway was born to speak on: “We are drug kingpins turned show promoters.” Both long time fans and new believers won over by Jungle should keep an eye out for the re-mastered and improved version of Lincoln Way Nights, due out on November 1.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/3/11
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.