On his last mixtape single, MMG emcee Stalley raised his figurative weapon against the strife and inequity that pervade our society, and encouraged listeners to do the same. Don’t get it twisted, though; if you run afoul of the Ohio native, you’ll find yourself staring down the business end of his very literal nine. (If you’re picturing him holding the numeral “9,” that’s a little too literal.) Freshly-released follow-up A-Wax finds the artist departing from the aforementioned joint’s social commentary to indulge in a little caked-up, gat-toting braggadocio. Block Beattaz provide a head-noddable, sampled backdrop for Stalley’s rhymes, seasoning his beat with samples from classic hood drama Menace II Society. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Honest Cowboy, scheduled for digital release on Thursday, August 8.
Written by richard on 07/26/13
Buckeye State rhymesayer Stalley has unleashed his latest album-length collection of original material, the Honest Cowboy mixtape. His first release since March of 2012, the project follows last year's Savage Journey to the...
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)