On his last mixtape single, MMG emcee Stalley raised his figurative weapon against the strife and inequity that pervade our society, and encouraged listeners to do the same. Don’t get it twisted, though; if you run afoul of the Ohio native, you’ll find yourself staring down the business end of his very literal nine. (If you’re picturing him holding the numeral “9,” that’s a little too literal.) Freshly-released follow-up A-Wax finds the artist departing from the aforementioned joint’s social commentary to indulge in a little caked-up, gat-toting braggadocio. Block Beattaz provide a head-noddable, sampled backdrop for Stalley’s rhymes, seasoning his beat with samples from classic hood drama Menace II Society. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Honest Cowboy, scheduled for digital release on Thursday, August 8.
Written by richard on 07/26/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.