On his last mixtape single, MMG emcee Stalley raised his figurative weapon against the strife and inequity that pervade our society, and encouraged listeners to do the same. Don’t get it twisted, though; if you run afoul of the Ohio native, you’ll find yourself staring down the business end of his very literal nine. (If you’re picturing him holding the numeral “9,” that’s a little too literal.) Freshly-released follow-up A-Wax finds the artist departing from the aforementioned joint’s social commentary to indulge in a little caked-up, gat-toting braggadocio. Block Beattaz provide a head-noddable, sampled backdrop for Stalley’s rhymes, seasoning his beat with samples from classic hood drama Menace II Society. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Honest Cowboy, scheduled for digital release on Thursday, August 8.
Written by richard on 07/26/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.