On his last mixtape single, MMG emcee Stalley raised his figurative weapon against the strife and inequity that pervade our society, and encouraged listeners to do the same. Don’t get it twisted, though; if you run afoul of the Ohio native, you’ll find yourself staring down the business end of his very literal nine. (If you’re picturing him holding the numeral “9,” that’s a little too literal.) Freshly-released follow-up A-Wax finds the artist departing from the aforementioned joint’s social commentary to indulge in a little caked-up, gat-toting braggadocio. Block Beattaz provide a head-noddable, sampled backdrop for Stalley’s rhymes, seasoning his beat with samples from classic hood drama Menace II Society. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Honest Cowboy, scheduled for digital release on Thursday, August 8.
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!