On his last mixtape single, MMG emcee Stalley raised his figurative weapon against the strife and inequity that pervade our society, and encouraged listeners to do the same. Don’t get it twisted, though; if you run afoul of the Ohio native, you’ll find yourself staring down the business end of his very literal nine. (If you’re picturing him holding the numeral “9,” that’s a little too literal.) Freshly-released follow-up A-Wax finds the artist departing from the aforementioned joint’s social commentary to indulge in a little caked-up, gat-toting braggadocio. Block Beattaz provide a head-noddable, sampled backdrop for Stalley’s rhymes, seasoning his beat with samples from classic hood drama Menace II Society. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Honest Cowboy, scheduled for digital release on Thursday, August 8.
Written by richard on 07/26/13
Buckeye State rhymesayer Stalley has unleashed his latest album-length collection of original material, the Honest Cowboy mixtape. His first release since March of 2012, the project follows last year's Savage Journey to the...
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monkey Ish (RIP Pimp C)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.