There are many ways of breaking the ice, but few are more effective than a simple, straightforward, “Hello.” And if that “hello” happens to come backed by a pounding club beat, so much the better. The latest addition to the YMCMB family, Aussie producer/DJ duo Stafford Brothers officially introduce themselves to listeners in the Booth and beyond with a fresh promo single featuring two members of their new label family. Over The City‘s high-energy electro-house instrumental house instrumental, co-produced with Chris and Matt Stafford, rap heavyweight Lil Wayne and pop songstress Christina Milian recount a chance encounter at the local spot that turned into a mutual romantic obsession. Hello isn’t part of any larger project, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from this dancefloor-rocking twosome sooner rather than later. Keep it locked!
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.