If you have a phenomenal memory, you may remember Stacy Barthe as the singer who contributed guest vocals to Mateo‘s Looking You Up this past July. Today, the recent Motown signee returns to properly introduce herself with Hell Yeah!, a new single off her forthcoming EP. On this slow-rolling, K. Roosevelt-produced cut, the Brooklyn R&B songstress differentiates herself from the pack by eschewing typical R&B themes in favor of reflecting on the growing economic gap between America’s haves and have-nots. And who better to contribute a few bars about the struggles of the poor and underprivileged than… Rick Ross? I guess dead prez were busy that day. For Hell Yeah! and many more quality tunes, check out Barthe’s major-label debut project, P.S. I Love You, when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, February 12.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
Stellar Music Ink'd/Homeschool/Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Looking You Up" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.