If you have a phenomenal memory, you may remember Stacy Barthe as the singer who contributed guest vocals to Mateo‘s Looking You Up this past July. Today, the recent Motown signee returns to properly introduce herself with Hell Yeah!, a new single off her forthcoming EP. On this slow-rolling, K. Roosevelt-produced cut, the Brooklyn R&B songstress differentiates herself from the pack by eschewing typical R&B themes in favor of reflecting on the growing economic gap between America’s haves and have-nots. And who better to contribute a few bars about the struggles of the poor and underprivileged than… Rick Ross? I guess dead prez were busy that day. For Hell Yeah! and many more quality tunes, check out Barthe’s major-label debut project, P.S. I Love You, when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, February 12.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
A singer and Grammy-nominated songwriter, Brooklyn, New York native Stacy Barthe is a woman of many talents. Signed to John Legend’s Homeschool label through Motown Records, Barthe has been working behind the scenes,...
Stellar Music Ink'd/Homeschool/Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Looking You Up" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.