If you have a phenomenal memory, you may remember Stacy Barthe as the singer who contributed guest vocals to Mateo‘s Looking You Up this past July. Today, the recent Motown signee returns to properly introduce herself with Hell Yeah!, a new single off her forthcoming EP. On this slow-rolling, K. Roosevelt-produced cut, the Brooklyn R&B songstress differentiates herself from the pack by eschewing typical R&B themes in favor of reflecting on the growing economic gap between America’s haves and have-nots. And who better to contribute a few bars about the struggles of the poor and underprivileged than… Rick Ross? I guess dead prez were busy that day. For Hell Yeah! and many more quality tunes, check out Barthe’s major-label debut project, P.S. I Love You, when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, February 12.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
A singer and Grammy-nominated songwriter, Brooklyn, New York native Stacy Barthe is a woman of many talents. Signed to John Legend’s Homeschool label through Motown Records, Barthe has been working behind the scenes,...
Stellar Music Ink'd/Homeschool/Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Looking You Up" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.