If you have a phenomenal memory, you may remember Stacy Barthe as the singer who contributed guest vocals to Mateo‘s Looking You Up this past July. Today, the recent Motown signee returns to properly introduce herself with Hell Yeah!, a new single off her forthcoming EP. On this slow-rolling, K. Roosevelt-produced cut, the Brooklyn R&B songstress differentiates herself from the pack by eschewing typical R&B themes in favor of reflecting on the growing economic gap between America’s haves and have-nots. And who better to contribute a few bars about the struggles of the poor and underprivileged than… Rick Ross? I guess dead prez were busy that day. For Hell Yeah! and many more quality tunes, check out Barthe’s major-label debut project, P.S. I Love You, when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, February 12.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
Stellar Music Ink'd/Homeschool/Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Looking You Up" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.