If you have a phenomenal memory, you may remember Stacy Barthe as the singer who contributed guest vocals to Mateo‘s Looking You Up this past July. Today, the recent Motown signee returns to properly introduce herself with Hell Yeah!, a new single off her forthcoming EP. On this slow-rolling, K. Roosevelt-produced cut, the Brooklyn R&B songstress differentiates herself from the pack by eschewing typical R&B themes in favor of reflecting on the growing economic gap between America’s haves and have-nots. And who better to contribute a few bars about the struggles of the poor and underprivileged than… Rick Ross? I guess dead prez were busy that day. For Hell Yeah! and many more quality tunes, check out Barthe’s major-label debut project, P.S. I Love You, when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, February 12.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
Stellar Music Ink'd/Homeschool/Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Looking You Up" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.