Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch Stack$ “How I Live” video. Video directed and edited by Preplex Productions.
Stack$ may have been on hiatus the past few years, but he’s back now and has convinced a few friends to take their talents to South Beach on The DJBooth premiere of How I Live, featuring Harlem’s own Vado and R&B singer Casely. If you’re unfamiliar with Stack$ and would like a good representation of who he is, you’ve come to the right place. The South Florida native simply wants you to know that he while he may be an emcee like many others, it’s his grind that separates him from the proverbial pack. Produced by Dr. Zeus, How I Live is a mixture of high bells, heavy bass and snare, but it’s not until the hook drops and Casley starts to sing that you can imagine the high life, and the type of grind necessary to live that life. While their flows are very different in style, sound, and swag, both Vado and the SoBe Entertainment head honcho compliment each other well by spitting impressive 16s. This one’s easily a trunk banger for your late night drives home and I’ve got the feeling that much more trunk rattling awaits on Stack$ aptly titled mixtape, Miami’s Most Wanted, due out in early 2012.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Money Ova Here ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.