With his debut album, Crazee & Confuzed, newcomer Stack$ is carrying on his family’s legacy of music. Although he comes from a successful background – his father managed Sly and The Family Stone – he says his parents have kept him grounded. “Money for me in hip hop is both a gift and a curse,” says Stack$. “Pops taught me that my ‘self worth’ is more important than my ‘net worth.” Still, he wasn’t shy rapping about finances on his first single, Money Ova Here, featuring Lil’ Wayne. With a big, booming chorus, this single’s catchy beat is sure to get stuck in your head.
Written by Beeb on 04/2/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatever It Takes ft. Melody" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.