With his debut album, Crazee & Confuzed, newcomer Stack$ is carrying on his family’s legacy of music. Although he comes from a successful background – his father managed Sly and The Family Stone – he says his parents have kept him grounded. “Money for me in hip hop is both a gift and a curse,” says Stack$. “Pops taught me that my ‘self worth’ is more important than my ‘net worth.” Still, he wasn’t shy rapping about finances on his first single, Money Ova Here, featuring Lil’ Wayne. With a big, booming chorus, this single’s catchy beat is sure to get stuck in your head.
Written by Beeb on 04/2/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatever It Takes ft. Melody" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.