From a poet to a dream chaser to a leader, Chicago emcee St. Millie describes himself in many ways and with the recent release of his No Religion But Up mixtape fans of the artist are likely to witness all those traits and then some. One of the stand out songs on the 15-track project is the memorable Lighters Up, which features the Midwest spitter in a commendable light as he touches on his family and those who he’s lost over the years. The airy, almost angelic vocals on the record come across as quite the ideal pairing with Millie’s honest lyricism. The Gift and fellow Chi-town native and producer Von Vuai provides Lighters Up with an interesting amount of range, starting with light strings and eventually propelling into an energetic mood thanks to a little bass. No Religion But Up was released on September 10, and is available for download via RubyHornet.net.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.