With the backing of the Chicago skyline, Windy City emcee St. Millie‘s newest music video quite literally starts off Hella Smooth as the spitter and fellow emcee Vic Spencer go on to drop their fluid rhymes. Amidst clouds of smoke and the occasional puff, the duo cleverly touch on everything from their love of kush to “girls with thongs.” Agreeably laid-back production from beatsmith Drew Hurt proves to be the perfect audio backdrop for the video, which features a smattering of unique visuals courtesy of director Drew Angle. Hella Smooth isn’t attached to any larger project from Millie, but his last feature, Lighters Up, is currently available for free stream and download on DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lighters Up " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)