Last we saw Elete, Tommy Chase and Michael Cardigan, together known as St. Joe Louis, the Jersey rhymesayers were wishing us Good Morning. Thus, it could hardly be more appropriate that their latest feature, Night Blooming Jasmine, finds them turning off the lights for a steamy evening in. (Sure, more than two years have passed in between—but let’s not sweat the details, shall we?) A poetic exploration of “seduction in the modern age,” this cut finds the trio delivering seductive bars over project collaborator Flying Lotus’ smooth, atmospheric blend of harp, low-key percussion and muted trumpet. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to Lotus Reloaded, the currently-unscheduled sequel to this July’s St. Joe Lotus EP.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)