Last we saw Elete, Tommy Chase and Michael Cardigan, together known as St. Joe Louis, the Jersey rhymesayers were wishing us Good Morning. Thus, it could hardly be more appropriate that their latest feature, Night Blooming Jasmine, finds them turning off the lights for a steamy evening in. (Sure, more than two years have passed in between—but let’s not sweat the details, shall we?) A poetic exploration of “seduction in the modern age,” this cut finds the trio delivering seductive bars over project collaborator Flying Lotus’ smooth, atmospheric blend of harp, low-key percussion and muted trumpet. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to Lotus Reloaded, the currently-unscheduled sequel to this July’s St. Joe Lotus EP.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.