Last we saw Elete, Tommy Chase and Michael Cardigan, together known as St. Joe Louis, the Jersey rhymesayers were wishing us Good Morning. Thus, it could hardly be more appropriate that their latest feature, Night Blooming Jasmine, finds them turning off the lights for a steamy evening in. (Sure, more than two years have passed in between—but let’s not sweat the details, shall we?) A poetic exploration of “seduction in the modern age,” this cut finds the trio delivering seductive bars over project collaborator Flying Lotus’ smooth, atmospheric blend of harp, low-key percussion and muted trumpet. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to Lotus Reloaded, the currently-unscheduled sequel to this July’s St. Joe Lotus EP.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.