Last we saw Elete, Tommy Chase and Michael Cardigan, together known as St. Joe Louis, the Jersey rhymesayers were wishing us Good Morning. Thus, it could hardly be more appropriate that their latest feature, Night Blooming Jasmine, finds them turning off the lights for a steamy evening in. (Sure, more than two years have passed in between—but let’s not sweat the details, shall we?) A poetic exploration of “seduction in the modern age,” this cut finds the trio delivering seductive bars over project collaborator Flying Lotus’ smooth, atmospheric blend of harp, low-key percussion and muted trumpet. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to Lotus Reloaded, the currently-unscheduled sequel to this July’s St. Joe Lotus EP.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.