Saint Millie‘s stage name, along with the halo he’s rocking in the image to the left, may pigeonhole him as a man of faith, but he ain’t too holy to get his hands dirty in pursuit of the Almighty Dollar. In fact, the Chicago repper’s latest single is much less concerned with God than Mammon. On this hustle anthem, his first feature since December’s Get Em High, Mille proudly informs us that Money is his primary Motivation. Coldplay’s Trouble is unusual sample material for a street-oriented jam like this one, but beatsmith The Gift makes it work, interweaving the British rockers’ falsetto crooning and pensive piano chords with thumping kicks, chopped-n-screwed samples and hi-hat rolls. GLORY has yet to receive a release date; we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.