Saint Millie‘s stage name, along with the halo he’s rocking in the image to the left, may pigeonhole him as a man of faith, but he ain’t too holy to get his hands dirty in pursuit of the Almighty Dollar. In fact, the Chicago repper’s latest single is much less concerned with God than Mammon. On this hustle anthem, his first feature since December’s Get Em High, Mille proudly informs us that Money is his primary Motivation. Coldplay’s Trouble is unusual sample material for a street-oriented jam like this one, but beatsmith The Gift makes it work, interweaving the British rockers’ falsetto crooning and pensive piano chords with thumping kicks, chopped-n-screwed samples and hi-hat rolls. GLORY has yet to receive a release date; we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.