Saint Millie‘s stage name, along with the halo he’s rocking in the image to the left, may pigeonhole him as a man of faith, but he ain’t too holy to get his hands dirty in pursuit of the Almighty Dollar. In fact, the Chicago repper’s latest single is much less concerned with God than Mammon. On this hustle anthem, his first feature since December’s Get Em High, Mille proudly informs us that Money is his primary Motivation. Coldplay’s Trouble is unusual sample material for a street-oriented jam like this one, but beatsmith The Gift makes it work, interweaving the British rockers’ falsetto crooning and pensive piano chords with thumping kicks, chopped-n-screwed samples and hi-hat rolls. GLORY has yet to receive a release date; we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lighters Up " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.