Saint Millie‘s stage name, along with the halo he’s rocking in the image to the left, may pigeonhole him as a man of faith, but he ain’t too holy to get his hands dirty in pursuit of the Almighty Dollar. In fact, the Chicago repper’s latest single is much less concerned with God than Mammon. On this hustle anthem, his first feature since December’s Get Em High, Mille proudly informs us that Money is his primary Motivation. Coldplay’s Trouble is unusual sample material for a street-oriented jam like this one, but beatsmith The Gift makes it work, interweaving the British rockers’ falsetto crooning and pensive piano chords with thumping kicks, chopped-n-screwed samples and hi-hat rolls. GLORY has yet to receive a release date; we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lighters Up " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.