Saint Millie‘s stage name, along with the halo he’s rocking in the image to the left, may pigeonhole him as a man of faith, but he ain’t too holy to get his hands dirty in pursuit of the Almighty Dollar. In fact, the Chicago repper’s latest single is much less concerned with God than Mammon. On this hustle anthem, his first feature since December’s Get Em High, Mille proudly informs us that Money is his primary Motivation. Coldplay’s Trouble is unusual sample material for a street-oriented jam like this one, but beatsmith The Gift makes it work, interweaving the British rockers’ falsetto crooning and pensive piano chords with thumping kicks, chopped-n-screwed samples and hi-hat rolls. GLORY has yet to receive a release date; we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.