If you want to have a significantly better life, you can’t expect to get there by doing more of the “same ol’ same ol’.” You need to make drastic changes. That’s exactly the kind of tip Montreal emcee SRH is on. On the premiere of his latest promo single, Used To, SRH explains how jaded he’s becoming by dreaming and messing around with the idea of love. Now, he insists, it’s all about the music. He may be out of his comfort zone from what he’s grown accustomed to, but he’s focused and that’s more than enough to get him through. The detached, out of body experience production from DJ Pain 1 provides just the right amount of empty space for the short spurts of machine gun flow from the emcee. Used To will serve as a stepping stone for SRH from his old ways, as he looks forward to his upcoming Broke And Happy EP.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.