If you want to have a significantly better life, you can’t expect to get there by doing more of the “same ol’ same ol’.” You need to make drastic changes. That’s exactly the kind of tip Montreal emcee SRH is on. On the premiere of his latest promo single, Used To, SRH explains how jaded he’s becoming by dreaming and messing around with the idea of love. Now, he insists, it’s all about the music. He may be out of his comfort zone from what he’s grown accustomed to, but he’s focused and that’s more than enough to get him through. The detached, out of body experience production from DJ Pain 1 provides just the right amount of empty space for the short spurts of machine gun flow from the emcee. Used To will serve as a stepping stone for SRH from his old ways, as he looks forward to his upcoming Broke And Happy EP.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.