First featured, to positive Booth reviews, back in July, SPZRKT‘s Share the World has received the remix treatment courtesy of two enterprising beatsmiths. Whereas Cardec Beats‘s original boardwork was upbeat and hooky, Sango (SPZRKT’s collaborator on Crossroads) and Chris McClenny go for a spacier, more mellow vibe. Slicing and dicing the Peach State crooner’s vocals over muscular bass, dissonant keyboard chords and scintillating synth arpeggios, the producers create a rendition that’s stylishly understated, yet engaging. For this remix and much more, check out SPZRKT’s Bonfire LP, released independently today.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
STRT TRBL Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love & Pain (SPZRKT Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.