Did you know that the English “Spitfire” (“a person… with a fiery temper”) was originally derived from the Florentine cacafuoco, a compound word meaning… you guessed it… sh*tfire? I sh*t you not – I’m getting this straight outta Dictionary.com. Though too hilarious not to share with the class, that etymological fun fact is completely unrelated to S-Preme‘s latest EP single, which takes its name from a 2005 cut by The Prodigy. In any case, lyrical flames are exactly what Preme delivers here; over the Engish electronica legends’ brutal yet lightly exotic boardwork, the Chi-town bombards eardrums with aggressively overdriven freshness, even managing to work in a few erudite allusions to Greek mythology: “Not cool, where Prometheus’ll take me, I spit Hades and everybody hates me.” If you’re craving some more heat to get you through the winter, S-Preme has you covered; blazing beats and rhymes galore can be found on Prodigy-inspired mash-up EP S-Prodigy, scheduled to hit the ‘net on the 1st of next month.
Written by richard on 11/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.