Did you know that the English “Spitfire” (“a person… with a fiery temper”) was originally derived from the Florentine cacafuoco, a compound word meaning… you guessed it… sh*tfire? I sh*t you not – I’m getting this straight outta Dictionary.com. Though too hilarious not to share with the class, that etymological fun fact is completely unrelated to S-Preme‘s latest EP single, which takes its name from a 2005 cut by The Prodigy. In any case, lyrical flames are exactly what Preme delivers here; over the Engish electronica legends’ brutal yet lightly exotic boardwork, the Chi-town bombards eardrums with aggressively overdriven freshness, even managing to work in a few erudite allusions to Greek mythology: “Not cool, where Prometheus’ll take me, I spit Hades and everybody hates me.” If you’re craving some more heat to get you through the winter, S-Preme has you covered; blazing beats and rhymes galore can be found on Prodigy-inspired mash-up EP S-Prodigy, scheduled to hit the ‘net on the 1st of next month.
Written by richard on 11/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.