Did you know that the English “Spitfire” (“a person… with a fiery temper”) was originally derived from the Florentine cacafuoco, a compound word meaning… you guessed it… sh*tfire? I sh*t you not – I’m getting this straight outta Dictionary.com. Though too hilarious not to share with the class, that etymological fun fact is completely unrelated to S-Preme‘s latest EP single, which takes its name from a 2005 cut by The Prodigy. In any case, lyrical flames are exactly what Preme delivers here; over the Engish electronica legends’ brutal yet lightly exotic boardwork, the Chi-town bombards eardrums with aggressively overdriven freshness, even managing to work in a few erudite allusions to Greek mythology: “Not cool, where Prometheus’ll take me, I spit Hades and everybody hates me.” If you’re craving some more heat to get you through the winter, S-Preme has you covered; blazing beats and rhymes galore can be found on Prodigy-inspired mash-up EP S-Prodigy, scheduled to hit the ‘net on the 1st of next month.
Written by richard on 11/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.