Well over a year ago I reviewed Spree Wilson’s new EP, Evil Angel, and predicted big things for the intensely eclectic artist. And then…. and then we didn’t hear from Spree again. What has he been up to over the past year? Two things: One, becoming an Olympic moguls skier, and two, putting together new singles like Where Do We Go Tonight. (Note: Only one of those things is true.) As expected, Go Tonight covers a wide range of musical influences as producer No I.D. begins the audio journey with a hazy, smothered beat, brings in an acoustic guitar for the middle section, and then closes with a blues influenced jam. It’d be far too much for most emcees to follow, but Spree does well to keep the pace, dropping slightly off-kilter riding rhymes and then to top it off lays down some instantly distinctive vocals. Love him or hate him there is only one Spree Wilson, and it’s good to have him back. Wilson’s long-awaited debut project, The Never Ending Now, is still searching for an official release date. Hopefully we won’t be kept waiting long.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.