The last we heard from Spree Wilson he was proclaiming himself to be King Sh*t (not to be confused with the King of Sh*t.) Fans of the ATL singer/songwriter/professional boundary breaker shouldn’t be surprised then that Spree’s taking a decidedly different tact on the second release from his upcoming The Spark album, this time comparing a lovely lady’s ability to strike him down with the merest of glances to a Sharpshooter. Or as Wilson more bluntly puts it, “It’s my version of audio sex.” Spree splits production duties with frequent collaborator Shoden!1 with the pair this time ditching the darker sound of their previous beat in favor of a synth soaked and lightly guitar touched beat aimed at inspiring some shots from Cupid. Vocally Wilson is at his funkiest, offering up a light hook that floats perfectly over the instrumental’s crisply dancing base. Can I offer some advice to those inexplicably hesitating to press play? Stop thinking and just “bang and get it over with.” While Wilson’s long-awaited album The Spark is still awaiting a solid release date, with releases like this it’s only a matter of time before that spark becomes a fire.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.