Spree Wilson isn’t looking to get wifed up at the moment, but he’s not going to pass up the chance to spend some time with a woman who’s just his type. An homage to the body-moving grooves pioneered by Atlanta bass music trailblazers Kilo Ali, KP & Envy, So So Def Bass All Stars and Raheem, lead EP single Right One | Wrong Time finds beatsmith The Flush serving up a hip-swiveling throwback beat as the newly-independent artist (He recently parted ways with RCA.) narrates how a close encounter at the local spot developed into a commitment-free affair. As he puts it on his sung chorus, “I don’t need love, but she got the kinda stuff I like.” Fans will be able to find this funky selection and much more on Spree and The Flush’s Life in Technicolor EP, scheduled for digital release in
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Spree’s Right One | Wrong Time visuals.
Written by richard on 03/6/13
Spree Wilson is not your average artist. He cannot be defined or categorized, he cannot lazily be compared to others before him, and his music follows the age old quality over quantity methodology. It is for all of these...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.