Spree Wilson isn’t looking to get wifed up at the moment, but he’s not going to pass up the chance to spend some time with a woman who’s just his type. An homage to the body-moving grooves pioneered by Atlanta bass music trailblazers Kilo Ali, KP & Envy, So So Def Bass All Stars and Raheem, lead EP single Right One | Wrong Time finds beatsmith The Flush serving up a hip-swiveling throwback beat as the newly-independent artist (He recently parted ways with RCA.) narrates how a close encounter at the local spot developed into a commitment-free affair. As he puts it on his sung chorus, “I don’t need love, but she got the kinda stuff I like.” Fans will be able to find this funky selection and much more on Spree and The Flush’s Life in Technicolor EP, scheduled for digital release in
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Spree’s Right One | Wrong Time visuals.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.