Spree Wilson isn’t looking to get wifed up at the moment, but he’s not going to pass up the chance to spend some time with a woman who’s just his type. An homage to the body-moving grooves pioneered by Atlanta bass music trailblazers Kilo Ali, KP & Envy, So So Def Bass All Stars and Raheem, lead EP single Right One | Wrong Time finds beatsmith The Flush serving up a hip-swiveling throwback beat as the newly-independent artist (He recently parted ways with RCA.) narrates how a close encounter at the local spot developed into a commitment-free affair. As he puts it on his sung chorus, “I don’t need love, but she got the kinda stuff I like.” Fans will be able to find this funky selection and much more on Spree and The Flush’s Life in Technicolor EP, scheduled for digital release in
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Spree’s Right One | Wrong Time visuals.
Written by richard on 03/6/13
Spree Wilson is not your average artist. He cannot be defined or categorized, he cannot lazily be compared to others before him, and his music follows the age old quality over quantity methodology. It is for all of these...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.