Spree Wilson isn’t looking to get wifed up at the moment, but he’s not going to pass up the chance to spend some time with a woman who’s just his type. An homage to the body-moving grooves pioneered by Atlanta bass music trailblazers Kilo Ali, KP & Envy, So So Def Bass All Stars and Raheem, lead EP single Right One | Wrong Time finds beatsmith The Flush serving up a hip-swiveling throwback beat as the newly-independent artist (He recently parted ways with RCA.) narrates how a close encounter at the local spot developed into a commitment-free affair. As he puts it on his sung chorus, “I don’t need love, but she got the kinda stuff I like.” Fans will be able to find this funky selection and much more on Spree and The Flush’s Life in Technicolor EP, scheduled for digital release in
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Spree’s Right One | Wrong Time visuals.
Written by richard on 03/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.