Ahh, it’s finally starting to feel like spring. The dogwoods are blooming, girls are looking better and better (Ugg season is over, throw them where I don’t have to see them), and Spree Wilson is throwing down some incredibly catchy warm-season tracks. With No Use in Running, Spree does it all on the single: smooth melody, quick rap bars, impressive boardwork. Oh yeah, and he’s also the man running the guitar (yeah, that’s him). There’s a lot to be said about a Renaissance Man who can harmonize his talents into music such as this, but the music itself will say it better than I ever could. If you weren’t a fan of Wilson before, which is ridiculous, you should be after checking this song out. While his latest free online project The Never Ending Now is only a week away from dropping on April 12, step your game up and check out the rest of his work (Everything I Own, Love You Better, etc.) on the site that brings you the best of the best - DJBooth.net.
Written by Sigurd on 04/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.