Back in April of ‘08 we featured Novel‘s I Am, a uniquely poetic record that found the emcee/singer/songwriter/producer teaming up with fellow Georgia native Spree Wilson. Well, let it not be said that Novel forgets a favor; almost a year later, he’s jumped on board a newly-released cut off Spree’s forthcoming Evil Angel EP (also set for inclusion on his forthcoming debut LP, The Beauty of Chaos). Painting a picture of the music industry as a materialistic Dreamworld, Spree and Novel once again take advantage of the contrast between the former’s bouncy flow and the latter’s mellower vocal tone. If the record’s lyrical message and Novel’s soulful hook aren’t enough to have you nodding your head in agreement, Vested Interest!‘s production, which mixes haunting backing vocals with some absolutely epic bass, will—the robotic breakdown on the back end is simply (more) icing on the cake! Neither Evil Angels nor The Beauty of Chaos have received a solid release date, but fans can look forward to Novel’s Audiobiography this June.
Written by richard on 03/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.