Spree Wilson‘s latest mixtape has been out for a minute now, but those behind the curve need not fret – as the project’s title suggests, The Never Ending Now shoots for timelessness, not of-the-moment appeal. Not that you should continue dragging your feet; if you need a(nother) reason to take a listen posthaste, Eye Know should do nicely. Here, the ATL jack-of-all-trades (and master of quite a few) once again showcases his skills behind the boards, hooking up with Shoeden!1 and Tony Reyes to craft a soul-rock-pop hybrid instrumental driven by pounding piano chords and a bouncy bassline (shades of My Sharona?). Though the artist’s vocal performance is likely to elicit another round of those pesky Andre 3k/B.o.B. comparisons, it’s his individuality that shines through; how many other artists could pull off a chorus as ardent yet unassuming as Spree’s, “I know you got a lot on your plate / and I know I won’t be happy unless you stay.”? Digging this catchy, creative joint? Well, it’s just one of many – so quit waiting around and download your copy of Never Ending Now... now.
Written by richard on 05/10/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.