Spree Wilson‘s latest mixtape has been out for a minute now, but those behind the curve need not fret – as the project’s title suggests, The Never Ending Now shoots for timelessness, not of-the-moment appeal. Not that you should continue dragging your feet; if you need a(nother) reason to take a listen posthaste, Eye Know should do nicely. Here, the ATL jack-of-all-trades (and master of quite a few) once again showcases his skills behind the boards, hooking up with Shoeden!1 and Tony Reyes to craft a soul-rock-pop hybrid instrumental driven by pounding piano chords and a bouncy bassline (shades of My Sharona?). Though the artist’s vocal performance is likely to elicit another round of those pesky Andre 3k/B.o.B. comparisons, it’s his individuality that shines through; how many other artists could pull off a chorus as ardent yet unassuming as Spree’s, “I know you got a lot on your plate / and I know I won’t be happy unless you stay.”? Digging this catchy, creative joint? Well, it’s just one of many – so quit waiting around and download your copy of Never Ending Now... now.
Written by richard on 05/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.