Spree Wilson‘s latest mixtape has been out for a minute now, but those behind the curve need not fret – as the project’s title suggests, The Never Ending Now shoots for timelessness, not of-the-moment appeal. Not that you should continue dragging your feet; if you need a(nother) reason to take a listen posthaste, Eye Know should do nicely. Here, the ATL jack-of-all-trades (and master of quite a few) once again showcases his skills behind the boards, hooking up with Shoeden!1 and Tony Reyes to craft a soul-rock-pop hybrid instrumental driven by pounding piano chords and a bouncy bassline (shades of My Sharona?). Though the artist’s vocal performance is likely to elicit another round of those pesky Andre 3k/B.o.B. comparisons, it’s his individuality that shines through; how many other artists could pull off a chorus as ardent yet unassuming as Spree’s, “I know you got a lot on your plate / and I know I won’t be happy unless you stay.”? Digging this catchy, creative joint? Well, it’s just one of many – so quit waiting around and download your copy of Never Ending Now... now.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.