Artists as consistent and innovative as Spree Wilson are a rare breed and, judging by the effusive praise showered upon his recent features, Boothgoers are well aware of this fact – last we saw him, one reader went so far as to compare him to God Almighty. Uninitiated listeners wondering what could drive our discerning readers to such extremes can find the beginnings of an answer on Everything I Own, a single which the artist himself considers his “best leak to date.” Here, Spree takes the Andre 3k comparisons to heart, hooking up with co-producers Shoeden1! and Tony Reyes to deliver a light, airy acoustic guitar/synth groove reminiscent of the Outkast member’s more pop-oriented work. As usual, the singer/songwriter/emcee keeps things fresh and upbeat on the mic, inviting a special girl to accompany him as he walks – and sometimes rollerskates – along life’s crooked paths. Digging this infectious selection? Then you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on Wilson’s long-awaited The Never Ending Now LP, set to hit the ‘net for free download April 5.
Written by richard on 03/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.