Artists as consistent and innovative as Spree Wilson are a rare breed and, judging by the effusive praise showered upon his recent features, Boothgoers are well aware of this fact – last we saw him, one reader went so far as to compare him to God Almighty. Uninitiated listeners wondering what could drive our discerning readers to such extremes can find the beginnings of an answer on Everything I Own, a single which the artist himself considers his “best leak to date.” Here, Spree takes the Andre 3k comparisons to heart, hooking up with co-producers Shoeden1! and Tony Reyes to deliver a light, airy acoustic guitar/synth groove reminiscent of the Outkast member’s more pop-oriented work. As usual, the singer/songwriter/emcee keeps things fresh and upbeat on the mic, inviting a special girl to accompany him as he walks – and sometimes rollerskates – along life’s crooked paths. Digging this infectious selection? Then you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on Wilson’s long-awaited The Never Ending Now LP, set to hit the ‘net for free download April 5.
Written by richard on 03/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.