Artists as consistent and innovative as Spree Wilson are a rare breed and, judging by the effusive praise showered upon his recent features, Boothgoers are well aware of this fact – last we saw him, one reader went so far as to compare him to God Almighty. Uninitiated listeners wondering what could drive our discerning readers to such extremes can find the beginnings of an answer on Everything I Own, a single which the artist himself considers his “best leak to date.” Here, Spree takes the Andre 3k comparisons to heart, hooking up with co-producers Shoeden1! and Tony Reyes to deliver a light, airy acoustic guitar/synth groove reminiscent of the Outkast member’s more pop-oriented work. As usual, the singer/songwriter/emcee keeps things fresh and upbeat on the mic, inviting a special girl to accompany him as he walks – and sometimes rollerskates – along life’s crooked paths. Digging this infectious selection? Then you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on Wilson’s long-awaited The Never Ending Now LP, set to hit the ‘net for free download April 5.
Written by richard on 03/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.