In English translations of the Bible, the word “know” is often used as a polite euphemism for “f**k.” As in, “Behold, I have two daughters which have not known man.” With that in mind, it’s not hard to see Spree Wilson‘s getting at on his latest feature, when he tells a female companion, “Girl I wanna know you All Night Long.” A standout off the ATL stalwart’s freshly-released collaborative EP with The Flush, this cut finds the ATLien serenading the woman in question over his partner’s upbeat, ‘80s-informed production. In addition to the headliner’s sung and rapped vocal stylings, this joint boasts a high-energy guest verse from Def Jam heavyweight Big K.R.I.T. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from on Life in Technicolor Vol. 1, available now for free streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.