In English translations of the Bible, the word “know” is often used as a polite euphemism for “f**k.” As in, “Behold, I have two daughters which have not known man.” With that in mind, it’s not hard to see Spree Wilson‘s getting at on his latest feature, when he tells a female companion, “Girl I wanna know you All Night Long.” A standout off the ATL stalwart’s freshly-released collaborative EP with The Flush, this cut finds the ATLien serenading the woman in question over his partner’s upbeat, ‘80s-informed production. In addition to the headliner’s sung and rapped vocal stylings, this joint boasts a high-energy guest verse from Def Jam heavyweight Big K.R.I.T. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from on Life in Technicolor Vol. 1, available now for free streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.