In English translations of the Bible, the word “know” is often used as a polite euphemism for “f**k.” As in, “Behold, I have two daughters which have not known man.” With that in mind, it’s not hard to see Spree Wilson‘s getting at on his latest feature, when he tells a female companion, “Girl I wanna know you All Night Long.” A standout off the ATL stalwart’s freshly-released collaborative EP with The Flush, this cut finds the ATLien serenading the woman in question over his partner’s upbeat, ‘80s-informed production. In addition to the headliner’s sung and rapped vocal stylings, this joint boasts a high-energy guest verse from Def Jam heavyweight Big K.R.I.T. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from on Life in Technicolor Vol. 1, available now for free streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/3/13
Spree Wilson is not your average artist. He cannot be defined or categorized, he cannot lazily be compared to others before him, and his music follows the age old quality over quantity methodology. It is for all of these...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)